So as mentioned previously, I decided to do my own make up for my wedding. I don’t know any bride in Singapore that has done this before but it’s not so uncommon over in the US I think, based on what I’ve research over at the beautiful wedding blogs I frequent. By doing this myself, I would have saved at least $350 SGD!
I don’t recommend DIY-ing your bridal make up to everyone but if you (like me) love make-up, are familiar with its products and proper techniques, do full on make up almost everyday and bonus if you have had proper training or been to make up school (I went to cosmoprof for a diploma in make-up artistry) then this one day should be no problem for you!
So the kinda research I’ve done:
- videos on youtube
- any makeup site with articles on wedding makeup
- getting to know products with staying power and photos well
- viewing local make up artist blogs to see their gallery of bride clients.
- most importantly.. practise, practise, practise!
Here are some pages and sites that I have read and found very useful:
- Cherelyn: Reasons to do your own Bridal Make up
- Bridal Musing: Wedding Make up tips
- Bridal Musing: 5 Top Tips On Long Lasting Bridal Make Up
- Refinery29: Makeup tips for the DIY bride
- The Beauty Department: Basic Bridal Makeup
- The Knot: Bridal Beauty Insider Tips
My Top 5 Youtube videos on Bridal Make Up.
Pixiwoo – Kim Kardashian Wedding Inspired make up
Promise Phan – Bridal Make tutorial
Lisa Elridge – Classic Bridal Look. Lisa is a celebrity make up artiste and has work one people like cameron diaz, kate winslet and liv tyler.
frmheadtotoe.com – Asian Bridal Makeup
Pixiwoo- Bond Girl ‘Domino’ Make up Tutorial
another one from pixiwoo, they are my favourite make up gurus on youtube!
So I’ve already started practising. At least once a week trying different shapes and seeing what works for me. I’m quite excited about doing this myself, cos if the Duchess of Cambridge could do her own make up for her big day.. so can I. 🙂
Bye for now!