After BFF made a request to wear them I decided to grant her wish and make all my bridesmaids wear one! Flower crowns are all the rage now. I’m hoping they’ll still in style next year.
Anyhoooo, here’s a simple tutorial to make a “half flower crown”. I thought having the whole round crown might be a little too much especially since their dresses are so simple. Half Crowns allow for the chic/boho look without looking overwhelming!
Cost: $11.90 for 21 stalks of foam flowers that made all 3 crowns. So each crown cost me $3.90 🙂
Supplies: Foam flowers from Spotlight @ Plaza Singapura.
1. Prepare 7 wired flower stalks.
2. Bend each one at a 90 degree angle just below the flower, this will create the path on which you will connect other flowers.
3. Take another flower and begin to bend it, and wrap the excess wire along the first one.
4. Continue bending and wrapping each additional flower till you are done.
5. Try on the crown and make sure it fits the curve of your head.
6. When wearing, place pins along the crown, securing it to the hair.
Ta-dah! Feedback from the girls is that they love it. I hope they’re not saying to appease me though! I got a slightly pink one for my maid of honour and cream for the other 2 girls.
What do you think of it? Quite a cheap craft right?! Let me know. 🙂